Close

    • BMS gets 500 lb-ft of torque at the wheels out of a KIA Stinger 3.3 with a JB4 tune

      Fine, it is not 500 lb-ft at the wheels but 495 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. Close enough though, right? Absolutely incredible torque figures in what is very hot Southern California summer weather.


      The car is responding very well to tuning:


      Torque is up by 103 lb-ft at the wheels and peak horsepower is up by 67 at the wheels.

      You can view the various JB4 map changes here including a valet mode:


      It's safe to say BMS has found another market for the JB4 and they are just getting warmed up.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMS gets 500 lb-ft of torque at the wheels out of a KIA Stinger 3.3 with a JB4 tune started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 11 Comments
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        I'm very impressed with this car to say the least. Brembos, great interior, and it's very fast!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I'm very impressed with this car to say the least. Brembos, great interior, and it's very fast!
        Needs some comparison runs...
      1. GreyNBlueE92's Avatar
        GreyNBlueE92 -
        Killed In Action...
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GreyNBlueE92 Click here to enlarge
        Killed In Action...
        whats that supposed to mean? The engine busted?
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        whats that supposed to mean? The engine busted?
        I think he means what KIA stands for in this instance.
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Is this on Cali-91?

        -Rich
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
        Is this on Cali-91?

        -Rich
        91 with some octane booster in it. Terry likes to call it 93, but I don't even think that stuff works. Click here to enlarge
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
        91 with some octane booster in it. Terry likes to call it 93, but I don't even think that stuff works. Click here to enlarge
        Ha! I tend to agree. Super impressive. Any plans to test on E85?

        -Rich
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
        Ha! I tend to agree. Super impressive. Any plans to test on E85?

        -Rich
        Yes of course! One step at a time for now so we can ensure that all tuning is working as intended for the lower graded fuels.
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        Will be interesting to see the limit of this motor. I personally like the Genesis G70 sport a lot more (looks and supposed to come with a manual even) and IIRC it has the same motor.
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
        Will be interesting to see the limit of this motor. I personally like the Genesis G70 sport a lot more (looks and supposed to come with a manual even) and IIRC it has the same motor.
        FYI Manual G70 is only available with the 2.0T