Close

    • Sorry Alpha Logic, your Nissan GTR world record doesn't count because Bahrain isn't NHRA licensed

      Anyone else skeptical of fast times coming out of the Middle East that nobody else can seemingly match? Anyone else think a desert climate producing record runs is suspect? You should be skeptical. Yas Marina is known for timing shenanigans and cheating on the strip which BoostAddict called out and verified with the NHRA.


      The Bahrain 1/4 mile strip has a better reputation but it still is not NHRA accredited which means its timing equipment is not officially NHRA compliant.

      Don't take it from us, take it from the NHRA's worldwide consultant Mark Hughes:

      Hi Joseph

      Being a member of the World Wide Program is not the same as having your
      track licensed.

      The Bahrain track does have an FIA license though
      Alpha Logic no doubt built an absurdly fast GTR:


      I'm also sure the Bahrain facility is top notch just like Yas Marina but until the track officials play by official NHRA rules it simply does not count.

      Just as laptimes would not count if the track was not FIA certified 1/4 mile times do not count until the dragstrip is NHRA certified.

      It's long overdue for the Middle East to start playing by the same rules as everyone else.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Sorry Alpha Logic, your Nissan GTR world record doesn't count because Bahrain isn't NHRA licensed started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 5 Comments
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        It is definitely suspect that they get WR times in the desert but I would say this is A LOOOOOOOT less sketchy than those Extreme Tuners idiots in Greece claiming world records on all kinds of platforms.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
        It is definitely suspect that they get WR times in the desert but I would say this is A LOOOOOOOT less sketchy than those Extreme Tuners idiots in Greece claiming world records on all kinds of platforms.
        They can afford to host F1 races, get FIA accreditation, and race against themselves with million dollar builds but can't afford NHRA accreditation? The only reason not to do it is to manipulate times.
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        They can afford to host F1 races, get FIA accreditation, and race against themselves with million dollar builds but can't afford NHRA accreditation? The only reason not to do it is to manipulate times.
        I don't disagree that they should definitely just do it and it is dumb that they haven't.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
        I don't disagree that they should definitely just do it and it is dumb that they haven't.
        You should see all my hate mail from the Arabs lollollol.

        Apparently I'm fake news yet it comes from the NHRA directly. So which is it?
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You should see all my hate mail from the Arabs lollollol.

        Apparently I'm fake news yet it comes from the NHRA directly. So which is it?
        Oh hell yeah, post some of it! lol