Close

    • Nissan 370Z replacement coming? Nurburgring testing of new Z

      The new Supra is stealing all the headlines despite not being a true Supra successor. Nissan has a chance here to bring something to market in the segment that not only is more fun to drive but a true successor to one of the brands' iconic sports cars.


      The Z has a storied history and Nissan would not screw this up or sell out. Would they?

      Nissan previewed what they have in mind with the Project Clubsport 23 which features a VRD30DDTT swap.

      A new 370Z with a twin turbo powerplant and low curb weight sounds like fun. The Nissan test mule you see was spotted with a MKV Supra so that will be the benchmark.

      Do it Nissan. Show Toyota how to properly produce an icon.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Nissan 370Z replacement coming? Nurburgring testing of new Z started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 3 Comments
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        I cannot believe they are still producing the 370z in its current form, model years start in 2009 and go to 2020...

        I hope they actually build a proper sports car unlike their failed efforts with the Red Sport Infinitis. RWD manual coupe with a low curb weight is a good recipe, but unlike the new Supra they have to make it actually fun to drive (at least in stock form).
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
        I cannot believe they are still producing the 370z in its current form, model years start in 2009 and go to 2020...
        I'm amazed it still looks good. Great design but dated platform.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
        I hope they actually build a proper sports car unlike their failed efforts with the Red Sport Infinitis. RWD manual coupe with a low curb weight is a good recipe, but unlike the new Supra they have to make it actually fun to drive (at least in stock form).
        Bingo. This is exactly what they could do and it would be a smash hit IMO.
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Bingo. This is exactly what they could do and it would be a smash hit IMO.
        Definitely. The platform is still one of the lightest sports cars you can buy (~3200 lbs), if they reworked it with what they have hopefully learned over the last 11 years they could possibly even make it lighter and stiffer. The price is right too. The 370z bases for 30k here, meanwhile the A90 Supra is 65k. It's definitely a lot more accessible option for a lot of people, and even if that price crept up to 35-40k with a new model it would still have my interest.