Close

    • Here is a 2017 Acura NSX using launch control on an actual 1/4 mile dragstrip

      This website argues the new NSX is a failure from both an execution and performance perspective. Hey, the market for the car speaks for itself does it not? For the $156k asking price which goes up with options you expect it to be near the forefront of modern performance.


      It isn't. Not by a long shot. Acura supposedly targeted the 458 Italia for performance but they came up short. They aren't even exceeding the cheaper and much older design of the Nissan GT-R.

      The NSX weighs 3900 pounds. Ouch.

      Look at what it does in the 1/4 mile in the real world. An 11.338 @ 122.52. In other words, it will have its hands full with a much cheaper and much lighter Porsche 911 GTS which does not have all the fancy hybrid nonsense.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Here is a 2017 Acura NSX using launch control on an actual 1/4 mile dragstrip started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 7 Comments
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Waiting on a "type-r" version with bigger turbos and no hybrid system. This car is a mistake.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
        Waiting on a "type-r" version with bigger turbos and no hybrid system. This car is a mistake.
        I agree the Type R will definitely 'fix' the car as I doubt even the Japanese are happy with it.

        What will the price become though? If they strip out 400 pounds, give it some more power, ditch the hybrid system, etc., we're onto something.
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Would be interested in seeing a tuned example of the current NSX. Get some bigger turbos on there and up the boost!
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Christ, that's disappointing. I was at the latest NSXPO this year, listened to the president of Acura & the chief engineer for this car speak...and to be honest, it wasn't impressive. They were trying hard to sell it as a success, but even they didn't seem like they really had their hearts in it. Best part of the night was listening to David Hobbes give them a hard time for all the fancy marketing-speak.

        I hope they improve it over its lifetime, and if you can get a deal on one new, not a bad car at all. But I think many were expecting better. This ET and trap speed mean it would have a hard time on the freeway with a factory stock M5...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Christ, that's disappointing. I was at the latest NSXPO this year, listened to the president of Acura & the chief engineer for this car speak...and to be honest, it wasn't impressive. They were trying hard to sell it as a success, but even they didn't seem like they really had their hearts in it. Best part of the night was listening to David Hobbes give them a hard time for all the fancy marketing-speak.

        I hope they improve it over its lifetime, and if you can get a deal on one new, not a bad car at all. But I think many were expecting better. This ET and trap speed mean it would have a hard time on the freeway with a factory stock M5...
        I'd rather have a 991.2 to be honest. Lighter, faster, cheaper, handles better, not Japanese, etc.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Yeah I mean I’d take a GT3 over an NSX in a heartbeat any time, any day.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Yeah I mean I’d take a GT3 over an NSX in a heartbeat any time, any day.
        Kind of crazy a rwd Porsche with less horsepower that is naturally aspirated is a superior performer in every way compared to a hybrid + twin turbo V6 with more power and torque.